23 August 2010

Finally a True Florida Resident


Dave and I finally got everything together to get our new Florida plates.  We were told we didn't need to get new Florida driver's licenses, but that was a total lie.  (As was me not having to get a Florida nursing license, which also costs a pretty penny.)  But we got everything at the DMV, which just happened to be five minutes away:  licenses, tags, registrations, voter registration, the works--all at a whopping $500 (and that was after saving $212 per car because I was active duty)!  So, goodbye JRU-4145 and J4ZZDUP vanity plate, and hello 124-7IB and 124-5IB!  We've decided that we'll probably put up the old license plates in the art room or office, and we'll collect plates from each state that we move to if we change our state of residence.  Eh, who knows?  Maybe we'll get a foreign plate someday ;)



On a side note, I've noticed increasingly that Niceville is just ghetto.  I was driving to work one morning and saw a couple of people crossing the street, and it wasn't until I was very close did I notice that one of them was a CROSSING GUARD--in shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops with an orange belt.

..........Whhhhhaaagghhhtt?!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment