07 September 2010

A little help from Grandma(s)

This past weekend for Labor Day and also last weekend, Dave and I headed up to Eclectic, AL to go visit my dad's parents.  The scenery on the way up was gorgeous, and I got a few roadies (no not drinks....road photography shots) on the way.



We had a fantastic time both weekends, and Grandma Al and I couldn't help but play with our stamps.  We made a huge dent in my stamp books, and I have made huge progress on sorting a giant bag of stamps that has been sitting in my stamp box for a couple of years now.  There were a few stamps that I had so many of that I debated whether or not I should make jewelry pendants and bracelets out of them! :)  I also grabbed a really cool shot of the leather plant in their saltwater fishtank and a few interesting cobwebs in Grandpa's workshop.



Nori had her spat with Kingston (their Doby) and Alex & Trouble (their cats), and though she gets along fine with the other kitties it'll take her a little longer to get used to Kingston, especially since he likes to chase.  After all, he is probably ten times her size!  Nori is getting bigger by the day and now takes up the entire windowsill when she lays up there when we're in the office.  Here are a few shots of her over the past couple of weeks.




When we got back this weekend we took a trip to the commissary and the BX for food and necessities, and I also picked up an extendable curtain rod.  Sometimes I'm eternally grateful for Née teaching me how to sew, because I sewed up the end of an old wall hanging and made a curtain for our linen closet at the end of the hall.  The sewing machine is definitely getting some good use!

1 comment:

  1. Love the road pictures! And I didn't know you collected stamps?! Very nice sewing skills...I love my sewing machine too. It comes in very handy!

    ReplyDelete