17 November 2012

Yokota Craft Fair 2012

Please note that I am in the process of transferring blogs, ownership, and files to different email addresses based on the content of the blog.  For my family life blog, please visit us at www.daveandkayladoescher.blogspot.com, and for my art blog please visit me here.  I will attempt to make the transition as easy as possible, though there will probably be a few temporarily broken links until everything is smoothed out.  Thank you for your cooperation and support!


Bright and early yesterday morning after staying up until nearly 1AM to make tags and last minute adjustments...





Dave & I packed all of my freshly branded jewelry items and a bunch of display items into the back of our tiny Honda Fit and drove over to the Yokota Arts & Crafts Center.  It was freezing cold and windy, but I was so excited!  Dave was much less so, but he was very supportive and helped me set up my 6-foot craft display for the fall craft fair.




About an hour into the fair, it got very windy and it started to drizzle, but it didn't deter some shoppers! I managed to sell quite a few pieces, and now I know which ones are more popular than others.  I think I might need to start making smaller items, since they were more popular, though the necklaces were a huge hit!  Some people were asking if I was sourcing some of my beads from here in Japan, so I've started looking into getting more items from here.  People seem to be looking for more Japanese-themed items, thought they still want to support the small crafters and artists.  I got a recommendation from one gal to get on Yokota Talk and promote my polymer clay items; she took a business card and seemed very excited, so I think I'll follow that advice :)

The craft fair was a huge success for me.  Dave helped manage the money, and even sold two items when I ran to the bathroom for two seconds.  I learned how to be outgoing for my customers and how to make a sale, and what NOT to do when looking for sales.  This was a huge learning experience, and I'm definitely not aiming to make a profit; however it is nice to have money to put back into crafting so that I can make more items for people that simply enjoy wearing what I make.  I can't wait to participate in the May craft fair, so keep your ears tuned!


1 comment:

  1. Your table looked great and your stuff looked so pretty. You had a ton! Glad it went well :)

    ReplyDelete