09 October 2011

When the Sewing Table Migrates to the Dining Table...

...you know it has to be serious. :)  After all my patterns were cut for Shameka's vampire cape, I had to move to the kitchen table because my little sewing table just didn't cut it for the long, slippery layers of sateen.  I think I used more sewing pins completing this cape than I have for my entire life....Home Ec included!


In the end though, it all turned out fabulously!  Here are a quick few shots of the finished cape:





I also finished Linda and James' picture, which actually ended up being right on time for their engagement.


Both of them loved it, which was my goal :)

Stay tuned for one more painting!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Saw your link on Blooming sisters Blog and thought I check it out. What a great cape! LOVE IT! And the painting is just fabulous!!!! What great talent!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cape and awesome picture, as well. You are multi-talented....:)
    Love your work.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete