14 November 2011

Shenandoah Nostalgia

Six years ago, I was eighteen.

Six years ago, I was in my freshman year of college with no conception of the adult world other than what my parents told me.

Six years ago, I visited the Massanutten Story Trail on Skyline Drive with one of my best friends, Will.

Six years ago, I took a photograph with a 35mm camera that was a gift from another one of my best friends, Kevin.







Today, I found that photograph on a CD my mother brought me from home when she visited, and it encompasses all the ideals that I ever attempted to emulate while taking photographs in an actual class in my last semester of college.







Today, I am humbled, because six years ago, it was a spontaneous, unstructured, unhurried shot that I believe might be one of the best photographs I have ever taken.




1 comment:

  1. Love it, interesting how you are able to view yourself back then... Love you!

    ReplyDelete