23 September 2011

New Works

Hello again!

Clearly, this "blog" thing is for the birds...my birds, anyhow (seeing as I lack any and my husband says no, haha!).  I can't seem to keep it going without extended absences that annoy the crud out of family and friends.  But, I continue!

Here are a couple things straight from the camera that I've been working on in polymer clay.  I've been experimenting with techniques in 3D, such as stamping, embellishing, layered mokume gane, etc.  and also with 2D techniques such as washes and application of surface treatments like Pearl-Ex and acrylics.





These guys are a few beaded-jewelry works that I've done recently.





Here, also, is a preview of a manga I am working on for someone in Michigan.  The character's name is Keihana.  She is a student in a rehabilitation school called Junction, where the students are taught to vent their anger from different parts of their lives away from their loved ones and into controlled fighting matches with individual, customized weaponry.

3 comments:

  1. Love them all. That's my girl! So when are you going to set up shop for a craft fair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty jewelry Kayla. earrings #1 and #2 are most creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom: I'm not quite sure when I'll have enough to have my own stand at a craft fair :) I have fun just making them though!

    Barbie: thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete